Sunday, August 22, 2010

FDH Fantasy Newsletter: Volume III, Issue XXXIII

Welcome to our 98th edition of the FDH Fantasy Newsletter, as we continue to bring you weekly fantasy sports updates in addition to our usual content on Our archive of past editions is available right here on The Blog and specific links to past editions are available on the front page of

We have completed our serialization of our FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFTOLOGY 2010 guide, but it continues to be without doubt your #1 draft day resource.

This week, we bring you suggested league guidelines and a draft board for the 2010 College Football Team Draft.

2010 College Football Team Draft Guidelines

Take 6 owners and conduct a 7-round standard draft. Points will be assigned at four intervals: when the September 26 Associated Press poll is released, when the October 31 Associated Press poll is released, when the December 5 Associated Press poll is released and when the final BCS poll is released after the national championship game. The September 26 poll accounts for 20% of the total score (with the exception of the bonus points, which are mentioned below), the October 31 poll accounts for 20% of the total score, the December 5 poll accounts for 20% of the total score and the final BCS poll accounts for 40% of the total score.

For the first three polls, scoring is as follows: 1st place (50 points), 2nd place (45 points), 3rd place (43 points), 4th place (42 points), 5th place (41 points), 6th place (38 points), 7th place (37 points), 8th place (36 points), 9th place (35 points), 10th place (34 points), 11th place (30 points), 12th place (29 points), 13th place (28 points), 14th place (27 points), 15th place (26 points), 16th place (22 points), 17th place (21 points), 18th place (20 points), 19th place (19 points), 20th place (18 points), 21st place (13 points), 22nd place (12 points), 23rd place (11 points), 24th place (10 points), 25th place (9 points).

Points are doubled in the final poll, since it accounts for twice the point total of each of the three previous ones. Additional bonuses are awarded for the following accomplishments: 25 points for winning the BCS Title Game, 10 points for earning a spot in the BCS Title Game, 10 points for a conference title (or piece of one), 12 points for winning a BCS Bowl Game, 6 points for earning a spot in a BCS Bowl Game, 5 points for winning a non-BCS bowl game, 10 points for having the Heisman Trophy winner on one of your teams.

2010 College Football Team Draft Board

1 Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 Boise State
4 Texas
5 Florida
7 Nebraska
8 Virginia Tech
9 Oregon
10 Iowa
11 Oklahoma
12 USC
13 Miami
14 Wisconsin
15 North Carolina
16 Georgia Tech
17 Pittsburgh
18 Arkansas
19 Florida State
20 LSU
21 Penn State
22 Georgia
23 Auburn
24 Cincinnati
25 West Virginia
26 Oregon State
27 Utah
28 Houston
29 UConn
30 Notre Dame
31 South Carolina
32 Navy
33 Temple
34 Missouri
35 Stanford
36 California
37 Texas A&M
38 Arizona
39 Washington
40 Middle Tenn St
41 BYU


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home