Saturday, April 29, 2006

Second round thoughts

* Houston did well in getting DeMeco Ryans, even though we know they blew it by passing up Reggie Bush.

* We already covered Chad Jackson -- great value for New England.

* Jimmy Williams provided equally outstanding value for Atlanta with the pick after the Pats.

* Thomas Howard will be a playmaker for Oakland.

* Philly should have thought about Sinorice Moss if they were going to trade up, but other than that, Winston Justice was a great pick in the second round.

* Moss will be great for the Giants.

* LenDale White will certainly be motivated to dominate for Tennessee. If he channels his disappointment into determination and maximizes his skills, this value will be incredible.

* Joe Klopfenstein over Leonard Pope? St. Louis wanted a TE, but I think they got the wrong one.

* Like my broadcast colleague Jason Jones, I'm underwhelmed by Green Bay's selection of Greg Jennings and the Jets annointing Kellen Clemens as the QB of the future. Like Jason, I'd sure have liked to have seen Maurice Drew drop to the Browns instead of getting picked up by the Jags.

* How, at the bottom of the second round, is Ashton Youboty still on the board? To me, that's one of the mysteries of the day and I'll look forward to exploring the reasons why.

Many thanks to the thousands and thousands of you (I look forward to learning the exact number) who tuned in to catch my partner from THE FANTASYDRAFTHELP.COM INSIDER Jason Jones and I for our 10 1/2 hour-long coverage on SportsTalkCleveland.com today. Hopefully, we'll have an archived version up sometime soon at this link. We really appreciate everyone in our audience who understood that we would provide them with the best draft coverage out there. I'm confident that we did just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home